Thursday, December 15, 2005

alkisah

"sigh... nih yang rasa nak ambik train jugak nih... thanks shafik and irina for making me go all hmmph and haihsssss today... =(" ~ suria

alahai erm sorry la suria.tidak disengajakan.yup,thah trip was a blast!the train arrived at segamat at half past 5.it was supposed to arrive around quarter past 5 actually(as seen on the ticket!).I personally rated it as one of my best(and cheap mind you!thanks again to Rafiqa and family for the food and accomodation~BBQ dia sedap nak mampos!).Trains are late affair but back then when I was in Jitra,Kedah we just love our train rides.We know that we're bound to reach later compared to a bus but its all about the journey.Dahla tak naik express~we took the mail train aka the sandwich!A mail train has free seatings and sumbat selagi boleh.It stops at most stations big or small.Our journeys usually starts at 10:30 pm.We reach KL around 6:30~7.00am.Sometimes even later.We took our trains from Butterworth Penang.We took chartered busses from our school compound.Seniors usually gets the early buses because they'll have more time to run around komtar penang(the 20cents arcade!)Tickets are printed on a yellow coloured paper as opposed to nows blue coloured paper.I told Udin I'm taking train to Segamat and I told him tickets aren't yellow no more.First reaction LAUGH OUT LOUD!Well,its been that long sucker...since the days of yellow ticket.

Train rides brings back lots and loads of fond memories.Yup,its all about the journey.

The place we went is not actually a kampung.Its an estate.Palm estate.Palm plantation.In the midst of pokok sawit and the rallying ride on the X-trail emerged a small community~Planters,Udin kept on repeating that.I guess thats that.Memang cantik.A huge lake,well kept trees,pigeon holes,owlery pon ada!Managers usually have bungalows.Rafiqa's dad got a single storey bungalow.Some older estates have huge British mansions.One of my uncle lived in one of those.Keliling rumah bpk rafiqa banyak pokok bunga.Ada aquarium with Ruby fish in it!I think I got the picture dlm flickrku.Give it a go.Ada poko kaktus,sayur bayam,there's also a pair of turkeys Big Kahuna's in the estate are referred as "Tuan".There are guards and all.Spotlights!Apparently banyak kisah ganas dok estate ni!Not this one in particular.But the risk is there.Its ok to be paranoid these days.I don't have to cerita all the happenings that took place.All said and done.

As for Suria's kampung ordeal think of it lama jugak aku tak balik kampung.Lompat dlm bendang!Hahahaaa.I used to go catch haruan and puyu(tajam!).You'll go all muddy and stuff.I'm not much of a tree climber.We often use lastik.I remember we lastik a snake sampai mati.I actually killed one by stepping on its head in the bilik guru.Mehat would surely think twice bout students wearing boots!Kat utara lastik is referred to as teredih(hard to spell.easier pronounced.byk idgham la loghat utara.mcm french!hahaa)
These days susah nak cari rumah kampung yg byk ukiran and what not.People rather build rumah batu.Easier and much faster.Kak Iza once told me that she cried when they roboh kan parts of umah tok anu sebab she loved the ukiran.biasalah bila dah nak pupus baru sibuk nak buat macam-macam.much like vinyls and analog hi-fi.oh well.irina once asked me to get some padi for souvenirs.since its at the back of my grandma's house.kacang je la.my dad once told me how peghak my mom was when she went back to perlis(maklumlah my mom org JB.raised and schooled there~lahir kat penang)

ok inaz nak guna pc main game and i have to solat maghrib.so till esok pulak.cherios!

No comments: