Thursday, June 30, 2005

another days passes by

Another day passes by,I'm nearing my self enrolment dateline which is on Sunday July 3rd.Gosh!Though I feel kind of goose bumpy at times the thought of fulfiling my dreams and my parents dreams alike gives me the push and the desire to do just go through with it and give it all!

I have not read much today.I spent most of my time today on the move.Morning,take dads ride to the service centre.Noon,went to shop and browse for stuff.Evening,pickup sis then I catch some z's and later at night went out tutoring and nurturing some young delicate minds.

Innalillah...that kid who got beaten to death passed away.What's even more ironic is that its a classic case of mistaken identity.Good news is that the killers will get maximum punishment.Gantung sampai mati.Serves em right!How can people be so cruel these days?Think about it?What is the cause?Seniors bullied juniors severely?Girls being raped some by their dad,uncles and such?A case of "haruan makan anak".Is it really safe out there?Considering this is a majority muslim country.Its just sad.

Maybe just maybe people just got so caught up in the rat race that we tend to forget and leave behind values passed on from one generation to the others.Students disrespecting teachers,some teachers being sued by parents even!well,for caning or slapping some kids.Well, if that kid is innocent than its ok but what if they're kurang ajar?I think caning is still the best thing.I thank my dad for caning me when I was younger because it works!"Kalau sayang anak marah,pukul"that is what my grandma used to say."Itu namanya mengajar,jangan la pukul melampau-lampau.Tu dah dera namanya".Being Asian I think our values in certain things are way better than our Western counter part.

But we're not perfect either.There are lots of things worth learning and emulating from them.Road manners and civic minddedness are some of the aspects we can emulate from them.Go figure?!

Jumy's latest entry on Why? is quite intriguing I would like to add.Add in When?Where?Who?What? and How?.Completes the family of 5W's and 1H.

Till next time.All smiles and July is the reading month campaign.We need a reading campaign?How pathetic.Lol

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would prefer to write about how jek, the most important question in our life

Anonymous said...

Did you know that the term 'haruan makan anak' is actually a misnomer?

Sebabnya, bapak haruan sebenarnya tengah protect anak2 dia from predetors by putting them in his mouth. Bapak arowana/kelisa does the same thing.

Moral of the story, manusia lebih teruk dari binatang!

Anonymous said...

'Sayang anak tangan-tangankan, sayang isteri tinggal-tinggalkan'

Hmmmm....my dad sure lurves my mom!

I'm a firm believer in 'reward/punishment system' when disciplining a kid.

sharkpitt said...

me too!me three!